As 2015 winds down, the team at One Source Renovation and the Window Repair Guy would like to wish you a Happy New Year as we ring in 2016. We hope you had a wonderful year in 2015 and are looking forward to even better things in 2016.
New Year’s Resolutions
According to some long standing traditions, it’s time to put your list of New Year’s Resolutions together. If you find that your list is the same as it was last year, then perhaps 2016 is a good year to develop some new bad habits. Then at least your 2017 new year resolutions will be a fresh new list. At any rate, forget the problems of the past and look forward to a prosperous new year.
Most Common Broken Resolutions
- Lose Weight and Get in Shape (often broken in the first week)
- Quit Smoking (broken the first day)
- Eat at Healthier Diet
- Learn a new skill
- Eliminate Your Debt and Grow Your Savings
- Drink Less (they must be referring to alcohol LOL)
- Do Some Volunteer Work
- Travel More
- Spend More Quality Time with my Family
Choosing Resolutions You Can Keep
- Pick a Few:If you only have one resolution for the new year, it may be easily broken. Select a few so you have a better chance at succeeding with one or two.
- Retrofit Last Year’s Resolutions: Revise old resolutions that you didn’t complete to make them easier to achieve in the new year.
- Don’t Include Resolutions Influenced by Alcohol: Many resolutions are made at the stroke of midnight after consuming too much alcohol. Exclude these from the list, unless you had already planned them in advance.
- Avoid the Cliché Top Ten Avoid the common New Year’s Resolutions that everyone seems to choose. Lose weight, quit smoking, get fit, blah, blah, blah. Pick something unique and meaningful.
- Set Realistic Goals Don’t choose a resolution that has no realistic chance of success. Set a goal that is realistically achievable.
- Establish a Reset Date: Review your resolutions mid-January and determine if you are on track. You may need to adjust some of the goals to make them more attainable. It’s better to adjust your goals than to abandon them entirely.
Happy New Year
If you are thinking about new windows in 2016, give us a call with any questions.Contact One Source Renovation, LLC at WindowRepairGuy.com or give us a call at (815)-634-8922.