If it is time to replace the windows in your home, your first hurdle is how to find a reputable window repair company. You may be replacing all of your older, outdated windows, for new energy efficient windows. Or perhaps you have a single broken window pane that requires attention. In either case; the search begins to find a reputable window repair company to provide the expert service and quality parts and workmanship you expect.
Window replacement or repair is a specialized field and should be performed by a company which has a great depth of experience in the home window repair industry. Hiring a reputable company will ensure the project is completed to your satisfaction.
A good place to begin your search is to explore one or more of the prevalent Contractor Directories. Some of the more trustworthy sources for searching for a window repair contractor include:
As you narrow your search, use the following criteria to find a window repair company you can trust:
- Is the company responsive to your initial requests? If the contractor isn’t returning your phone calls or if they don’t provide a quotation in a timely manner; you can expect the same poor service once you place your order. A reputable window repair company will respond quickly to your request for information and pricing.
- Did the company provide a list of satisfied customers? If they have not or cannot provide a list of references, there is likely a reason. A reputable window repair company will offer a list of references and/or client testimonials. Take the extra time to call a few to authenticate the reviews.
- Did the window repair company provide a valid insurance certificate? Stay away from fly-by-night contractors that do not have proper insurance. A reputable window repair company will provide you with a valid insurance certificate.
- Is the window repair contractor licensed to perform work in Illinois? Be sure to obtain a copy of the contractor’s license before you sign a contract for services.
- Search the BBB.org to see if there are any complaints filed against the window repair contractor. If you discover a laundry list of complaints issued against the contractor you will need to continue your search to find a reputable window repair company.
There is more to the price than the price!!!
Once you have narrowed the field to 2 or 3 contractors it’s time to review the cost estimates for the window repairs. Keep in mind that the lowest bid may not be the lowest cost or the best value. Ask the contractor what their policy is for change orders? Do they charge an exorbitant hourly rate?
What is included in the Window Warranty?
Ask the contractor what their policy is on warranty work? Or more importantly, what is excluded from their window warranty. Do they warrant the glass and then turn around and charge outrageous rates for labor and/or travel costs to replace defective glass or repair their own faulty workmanship?
If you are still trying to find a reputable window repair company in Illinois look no further than the WindowRepairGuy.com and talk to the experts at One Source Renovation. Give us a call for a FREE Estimate (888)-297-4771